Oh did I have a blast planning Miles’ first birthday party! I decided on a Camp Theme, “Camp Miles” and we held it at our home, which I felt would make it special and intimate and allow me lots of creative freedom.
I went with a color scheme of greens, pops of gold, and black and white plaid to give off a campy vibe. I incorporated greenery, vines and wood signs into every nook and craney of our home. I loved added DIY touches everywhere I could. I wanted each kid to feel special and the party to be totally unique to Miles.
We had Music Man Dave come to play camp songs, the “The Meanie Weanie“ Hot Dog Truck was dishing out amazing gourmet hot dogs (the mac & cheese was a huge hit!) and we had Suzy from Lumi Photography there to help us capture all of the special moments.
We DIY-ed a majority of the creative elements and then found some great Etsy shops for the rest. For things like linens and tableware, we found great deals on Amazon.
– Banners: Camp Miles sweet table banner, camp miles fireplace banner and highchair banner from HouseofHooray on Etsy
– Balloons: green balloon bouquet from Party Dialect, and I added in gold orbs from OhShinyPaperCo and the 36 inch green balloons were from BlushBazarre. I added on the green garland.
– Sweet Table: marshmallow smash cake and cookies from Love and Buttercream, s’more and nutella donuts from Donut Bar Detroit and mini teepee from TenesseeTeeppes
– Tableware: Bear plates and napkins by Meri Meri, bark cups from SteshaParty, woodland bear sippy cups from Amazon, palm leaf plates and silverware from Amazon, black + white plaid napkins from Zazzle, birch straws from Amazon
– Arts and Crafts table – wood rounds from Michaels, stickers from target, signs DIY-ed
– Favors – DIYed using mini gable boxes filled with gummy worms, camp patches, s’more trail mix and camp themed bubble wands
– Trail Mix Bar – Happy Camper Bags from HHPaperCo, plastic bins from Oriental Trading, teepee from TenesseeTeeppes, sign was DIY-ed
– Greenery: Used everywhere, hung on garage, on balloons, on staircase, around signs. All from Amazon
– Huge Brown Bears: Amazon
– Teepee in Basement: faux felt firepit from TheHomespunMarket
– Linens: Black + White Plaid tablecloths from Amazon
– Pennant Flags: DIY-ed
– Wood Slice Signs: DIY-ed
– Cake Stand: DIY-ed
– Happy Camper Sign: DIY-ed
– Favors: Name Pennants, s’more trail mix, labels DIY-ed
– Arts & Crafts and Favors Hanging Banners: DIY-ed
– Wood Photo Hanging: DIY-ed
– Water Bottle Labels: DIY-ed
– Adult Bug Juice sign: DIY-ed
– Mason Jar Centerpieces: DIY-ed
– Outhouse Sign: DIY-ed
– Hot Dog Cart Outside Sign: DIY-ed
Again, thanks to Lumi Photography for all these shots. Feel free to reach out if you want more info on how we DIY-ed everything.
You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.